Job Type: Permanent(Full Time)
Function: DevOps, Kubernetes, DevSecOps.
Location: Indonesia (Anywhere)
About Practical DevSecOps
Practical DevSecOps (a Hysn Technologies Inc company) offers vendor-neutral, practical, and hands-on DevSecOps training and certification programs for IT Professionals. Our online training and certifications are focused on new areas of information security, including DevOps Security, Cloud-Native Security, Cloud Security & Container security. The certifications are achieved after rigorous tests(12-24 hour exams) of skill and are considered the most valuable in the information security field.
Why Explore a Career at Practical DevSecOps?
At Hysn Technologies Inc, we are working on creating revolutionary security products and services. With offices located globally (San Francisco, Singapore, and India), we believe in making simple, usable, and excellent security products that delight our customers. We are remote work-friendly and provide significant benefits like work from home (5 days a week if you wish), medical, and career growth benefits!
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us with our growth. We are a remote-first company, so you’ll work with our remote team to build great security products that delight our customers.
What is the role of a DevOps Engineer?
The Sr. DevOps Engineer is responsible for a hybrid cloud environment(AWS, DigitalOcean) and Kubernetes clusters. DevOps engineers must possess an "automation first" mindset, with a relentless focus on quality, monitoring, and reliability using Infrastructure as Code tools.
Creating clear documentation, constantly remaining technology leaders, and championing modern DevOps best practices.
For this, you need to have a strong ability to communicate with different stakeholders in the organization and can work independently without supervision. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to meet you.
- 5+ years of experience preferred
- Experience with any scripting language (Bash, Python, Go).
- Experience with IaC/CM tools (Terraform, Ansible, Pulumi)
- Comfortable with one or more cloud service provider offerings AWS and GCP
- Experience operating Kubernetes, Docker, Podman, or related technologies in a production environment
- Can self-assess the needs of a system or team and make a case to prioritize that work
- Comfortable digging through metrics, logs, and whatever else is available to triage and fix an incident.
- Comfortable with relational databases(MySQL, Postgres)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to write detailed technical guides and create presentations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to pitch in on many areas enjoys being a jack of "many" trades
- Able to proactively train and mentor other engineers and be highly collaborative with your technical peers
- Enjoys being on the bleeding edge of technology, with the ability to quickly learn new technologies and follow industry trends
- Collaborate across the organization to define, prioritize, and ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of the product and services.
- Define and lead service capacity planning and demand forecasting meetings, with a focus on software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Identify underlying root causes to help solve complex problems relating to mission-critical services and build automation to prevent the incident recurrence, with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Provide primary support for environment-related issues that engage multiple engineering teams. Be an active contributor in retrospective meetings with Sr. leadership about technical Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and mitigation strategies.
- Responsible for monitoring the health of our environment and maintaining comprehensive documentation of our infrastructure and tools.
- Perform other duties as needed.
What You Will Get?
- Great compensation
- Association with an incredibly fast-growing and well-respected brand in Security Industry
- Ultimate work flexibility
- Fully remote (you can work from wherever you want)
- No imposed schedule (you can literally work whenever you want, however you want, without any sort of clocking in or micromanagement; all that we ask is that you deliver)
- Helping build an elite-quality product that genuinely changes people’s lives for the better (thousands of security professionals, DevOps engineers, and Developers have landed their dream job by using our products)